Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Barack Obama 2009 Inauguration and Address



Today the 44th President of the United States, President Barack Obama, became the first African-American to be elected 'Leader of the Free World'. This is a historical moment, not only in American history, but also in world history. As roughly 2 million Americans turned out to watch President Obama take his oath and address the crowd, I couldn't help but wonder what this will mean for the whole world. Obama's larger then life image is one that doesn't sit well with me. Many naive people have created a cult of personality around President Obama that worries me deeply.

Will Obama save the United States? Will he be able to 'remake America'? Only time will tell, if President Obama's words will be just as sweet as they sound. Has real change come to Washington or has the same old Democrats returned to power under the disguise of change? I believe I speak for all people of this planet that I hope REAL change comes under President Obama, that this change is more then just the color of the American President's skin. President Obama spoke about the battle against Fascism and Communism, but I wonder what about Zionism and Kemalism? Will Obama keep his promises to Hellenism? Will he keep his promises to the Middle East and to Armenia? Only time will tell. . .